International award-winning Early Years expert, Laura Henry, who was brought up in North Kensington, is using her influence and experience in the childcare industry to coordinate resources to help the Grenfell Crèche and local community, which is now without a base following the fire in Grenfell Tower. This also, extends to supporting the local community.
Laura is acting as the lead to coordinate national support on behalf of Early Years providers.
- Laura is encouraging colleagues to continue to donate to the Grenfell Crèche, which currently has no permanent base. All donations can be made through the link below, and if any setting/school is taking part in the #GreenforGrenfell today, please could they consider donating to the Grenfell Crèche. https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/grenfell-early-years
- Laura is compiling a database of colleagues who have kindly offered practical and physical help to the Early Years, play and youth sectors. A range of skilss are needed including play therapy, trauma, well-being, welfare, play therapy, group activities, practitioners, educators and teachers.
Any colleagues who feel they can contribute, please email Laura at: admin@LauraHenryConsultancy.com stating:
- Name and occupation
- What expertise you can offer (eg: supplier, educator, entertainer)
- Any practical donations you can offer
- Your availability, including weekends and evenings
- Confirmation of current DBS
- Your preferred contact email and phone number
Laura’s team will collate all information and send to the relevant authorities
The community is very grateful for every offer of help
Thank you to Juliette of Virtual Support UK Ltd for your donation of free of charge Admin Support to collating the database and offers of help.