Monday 16th to Sunday 22nd October 2017
My Family Week celebrates families of all shapes and sizes, allowing children to tell their own story, about their own family in their own voice.
My Family Week is a reflection on what family means in the modern world and is the brainchild of international Early Years trainer, author and consultant, Laura Henry, who has worked with children and their families for three decades.
- My Family Week is celebrating the uniqueness of every family, using the characters from Laura’s popular children’s book series Jo-Jo and Gran-Gran as inspiration.
- As part of the week, settings, schools, parents and wider families can take part in a range of activities to help children to tell their own stories.
- Stories will be shared and developed online using a variety of social media platforms.
Support for My Family Week:
“I simply ADORE this idea! Families come in all shapes and sizes and celebrating diversity and variety means we accept and celebrate family life in all its forms. What better gift can we give children but the gift of belonging.”
Sue Atkins, TV parenting expert
“I’m loving the concept of Laura’s Jo-Jo and Gran-Gran launching into Family Week. Families come in all shapes and forms. Working in Early Years, families are central to our work. We should not only support their similarities and differences, but celebrate them. Can’t wait to take part in this one!”
Kim Benham, owner, Sparkles Consultancy
“Families come in all forms and in our ever-developing world, the way families are made up is changing too. Whoever we love in our family deserves acknowledging and celebrating – which is why Family Week is such a great idea!”
Garry Ratcliffe, head of three primary schools in Dartford, Kent and dad to four awesome kids
For interview requests for Laura and for further information on this innovative and inspirational event, please contact: admin@LauraHenryConsultancy.com
Keep in touch with us!
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- Statistics on family types in the UK are changing: Families and Household 2016
- Laura Henry is a leading, award winning expert in Early Years education, both in the UK and internationally. She works with organisations that provide services and expertise to children and families and is a popular trainer and author. She is a regular contributor to Nursery World and other trade publications and advises government departments and international organisations.
- The first in her Jo-Jo and Gran-Gran series, Jo-Jo and Gran-Gran: All in a week is available from Amazon and other outlets.