JoJo & Gran Gran, based on the popular characters by Early Years specialist Laura Henry-Allain, is to feature among the new season’s offer on BBC’s pre-school channel, CBeebies.
JoJo & Gran Gran are characters close to the heart of Laura who has worked alongside the production team to develop the duo for TV.
“JoJo and Gran Gran is loosely based on my own relationship with my Grandmother,” said Laura. “I wanted to convey the deep connection between the two, the excitement at the world around her that JoJo has and Gran Gran’s wisdom, experience and zest for life”.
“It’s been such a delight seeing JoJo & Gran Gran make it to the screen,” added Laura. “We wouldn’t have got to this point without the hard work of so many people, and I’d like to thank the CBeebies production team, the writers, the animation team, the voiceover artists and, of course, the wonderful children who appear in the child-led live action films. Thanks also goes to the St Lucian High Commissioner and the St Lucian Tourism authority”.
Forty-four episodes will air on CBeebies which is based around the fun and affectionate relationship JoJo has with her grandmother. The series includes a number of daily activities that JoJo and Gran Gran do together along with many of their friends in the community. The show will also feature St Lucia, where Laura’s family comes from. This series features a Great Gran Gran, who still lives in St Lucia.
The first episode airs on Monday 16th March on CBeebies at 5.25pm. It will also be available on BBC iPlayer.
- Laura Henry-Allain is a leading, award-winning expert in Early Years education, both in the UK and internationally. Laura has over 30 years’ experience of working with children, parents and with those who work directly with children. She is the vice-president of The British Association for Early Childhood Education, an educational consultant for the BBC and Penguin Random House, Early Years expert in residence for Tiney, nursery consultant/advisor for Barclays Bank and an ambassador for the Jermain Defoe Foundation.
- The Jo Jo and GranGran series of books can be accessed here
- More information about St Lucia can be found here.
- Laura Henry can be contacted Laura@LauraHenryConsultancy.com
- CBeebies publicity office can be contacted by emailing email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org