My name is Laura Henry-Allain. I’m a leading, award winning expert in Early Years education, both in the UK and internationally.
I’ve been working with babies and the under-sevens for three decades and I never get tired of watching them grow and develop into independent children and young people. I strongly believe that a good educational start offering love and support is the best foundation for a life of growth and learning.
Since I started in this sector I’ve used my skills to support colleagues who work directly with children, parents and settings. I also work with national and international organisations that provide services and expertise to children and their families.
As well as training and consultancy work:
- I’ve been a nursery manager, Ofsted inspector, teacher and curriculum manager.
- I’m a regular contributor to Nursery World and other trade publications, and have written several books of my own. These include the Jo-Jo and Gran-Gran series, JoJo and Gran Gran first aired on 16th March 2020.
- I have been a regular member of the judging panel for the Nursery World and Nursery Management Awards.
- I have shared my expert knowledge with government departments, including the Department for Education, advising them on policy and strategy decisions.
- I have served on a number of national and international forums and publishing companies.
- Vice-president of The British Association for Early Childhood Education.
- I am an educational consultant for the BBC.
- I am an ambassador for the Jermain Defoe Foundation.
I’m also the mother of two grown-up sons. This is why I’m able to speak from the heart about parenting to all those who care for or educate children and young people.
Highlight of my career, being invited to meet His Holiness the Dalai Lama
I’d love to talk more with you, please feel free to contact me here.